Plan and execute a combination of OOH and digital advertising to enhance and update a 10-year-old media campaign for the popular 'TV to live' exhibition, maximising reach and effectiveness for budget.
Using analysis of customer behaviour and demographics, Boom Live created a multi-platform digital strategy designed to complement strong above-the-line presence with specific, targeted advertising focused on driving sales. A/B testing of multiple creative and formats ensured ad performance was peak and generating the highest conversion outcome. Boom Live invested in Adwords, programmatic and social media, with a focus on retargeting and custom audiences that spoke to customers at all points of their journey to purchase. As a key tool used in home design and improvement projects, Pinterest advertising was added to the Grand Designs Live campaign for the first time.
Leveraging a tightly targeted approach as well as strong buying power, Boom Live also increased value for investment across TV and out of home advertising, with the key addition of placement during ITV Breakfast to the campaign. Following the success of the London campaign, Boom Live have also been appointed to deliver the media planning and strategy for the Grand Designs Live, Birmingham campaign at the NEC in Oct 2018.
- Boom Live doubled TVR buying year on year for the same budget and secured.
- 153% ROI generated from Facebook advertising
- Boom Live negotiated free print coverage representing 36% increase on value of original spend.
- Promotions and Partnerships generated a reach of over 50 million and a media value of over £120,000.
- Additional reach and value generated through promotions, securing 7x media value on spend.
- Boom Live secured a partnership with Mastercard Priceless for an exclusive 'money can't buy' show experience, reaching their 15 million customer databases.
- Boom Live secured a major promotional giveaway with Daily Express group in print and online, with a reach of 12 million.